Districts are the de facto front-end of government where most Government-to-Consumer or G2C interaction takes place. The eDistrict project was conceptualized to improve this experience and enhance the efficiencies of the various Departments at the district-level to enable seamless service delivery to the citizen.
Front-ends under the scheme, in the form of citizen facilitation centers, are envisoned to be built at District, Tehsil, Sub-division and Block levels. Village-level front-ends would be established through Common Services Centres (CSCs) for delivery of services.
Indicative services planned to be delivered through this MMP include:
- Certificates: Creation and distribution of certificates for income, domicile, caste, Birth, Death etc.
- Licences: Arms Licenses etc.
- Public Distribution System (PDS): Issue of Ration Card, etc.
- Social Welfare Schemes: Disbursement of old-age pensions, family pensions, widow pensions, etc.
- Complaints: Related to unfair prices, absentee teachers, non-availability of doctor, etc.
- RTI: Online filing and receipt of information relating to the Right to Information Act
- Linking with other e government projects: Registration, Land Records, and Driving Licences, etc.
- Information Dissemination: About government schemes, entitlements, etc.
- Assessment of taxes: Property tax, and other government taxes.
- Utility Payment: Payments relating to electricity, water bills property taxes etc.
About Assam e-District
The e-District project is an important enhancement of the State’s e-Governance implementation programme, in which majority of the G2C and G2G services are delivered by the district administration leveraging Information, Communication and Technology (ICT). This project is a Mission Mode Project (MMP) under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP),funded by Government of India. The key focus is on citizen-centric services as against merely computerization of the Departments.
The Government of Assam has chosen two districts, Sonitpur and Goalpara for the pilot implementation of the project. e-District provides support to the District Administration to enable Citizen Centric Services, which would optimally utilize the ASWAN and State Data Center at Guwahati to deliver services to the stakeholders. These services will also be available to the stakeholders over internet.
It is envisaged that the Common Service Centers would act as the front end for acceptance of applications and delivery of the services for the e-District project.
Status of Cachar District:
Contact Person: eDistrict Promect Manager(eDPM) : Juber Ahamed