This citizen centric service is accessible to the common citizens in his locality through Internet, Common Service Centres “Arunodoy Kendra” and Public Facilitation Centres (PFCs) at DC, SDO & Circle Offices. Citizens at Village-level can access the service through CSCs. This certificate is dully digitally signed and can be verified online at http://edistrict.assam.gov.in/ .
- Applicant should be citizen of India.
- Applicant should be Wife/ Husband/ Mother/ Father/ Daughter/ Son/ Brother/ Sister /Uncle /Auntie / Nephew/ Niece of the deceased person.
The application should include the following documents:
- Death Certificate of the deceased person.
- Valid documents showing relationship with the deceased person.
- Self declaration Affidavit.
- Upto date land revenue paid receipt for 3(three) years.
Type of Service
Step by step procedures to apply
- After receiving the application along with all the required documents the Designated Public Servant will forward the application within 5 (five) working days to the concerned Circle Officer for his report.
- The Circle Officer will submit his report within 20 (twenty) working days from the date of receiving the application from the office of DC/SDO (Civil) after verifying the details of the family members of the deceased person through field verification.
- The designated Public Servant will issue/reject the Certificate based on the report of concerned Circle Officer within 5 (five) days from the date of receipt of the report .The whole process of issuing the Next of Kin(s) Certificate will take a maximum of 30(thirty) working days.