Income certificate is an important document issued to Indian citizens that state their annual income. Income certificate is used to make the citizens of a state eligible for various schemes offered by the Central or State Government. To obtain an income certificate, one has to approach the Tahasildar office in the area. In this article, we look at the method for obtaining Assam income certificate in detail. Importance of Income Certificate The following are some of the major reasons for obtaining income certificate:
- Income certificate is an essential document used to benefit from various civic welfare schemes.
- Eligible engineering students can provide an income certificate for fee-reimbursement.
- Students who wish to avail scholarships have to apply for income certificate every year.
- Agriculture Income Certificate is helpful for obtaining loans in banks.
- Applicant should be citizen of India.
- Any resident of Assam who is employed and is required to produce an income certificate for any purpose is eligible.
The application should include the following documents:
- Address proof.
- Identity proof.
- Salary slip (if employed)
- Land revenue receipt (on verification by LM in case of farmer).
- Any Other documents (Any voter list, Gaon Burrah Certificate, Land Revenue Payment Receipt,etc.).
- Upto date land revenue paid receipt for 3(three) years.
Type of Service
Step by step procedures to apply
- After receiving the application along with all the required documents the Designated Public Servant will forward the application within 2 (five) working days to the concerned Circle Officer for his report.
- The Circle Officer will submit his report within 3 (twenty) working days from the date of receiving the application from the office of DC/SDO (Civil) after verifying the details of the family members of the deceased person through field verification.
- The designated Public Servant will issue/reject the Certificate based on the report of concerned Circle Officer within 5 (five) working days from the date of receipt of the report .The whole process of issuing the Income Certificate will take a maximum of 10(ten) working days.