Non-Creamy Layer Certificate is also known as Other Backward Class Certificate, was introduced by former Prime Minister V.P.Singh in 1993. With the implementation of this certificate, a part of jobs was allocated in Central Government and Public Sectors for persons holding the certificate. Students holding Non-Creamy Layer Certificate also enjoy certain allocation in top educational institutions like IIT and IIM. Non-Creamy Layer Certificate is issued by the Thasildar of the concerned State Government. Hence, the procedure for obtaining Non-Creamy Layer Certificate differs from State to State. .
- Applicant should be citizen of India.
- Only people belonging to non-creamy layer can apply for this certificate.
- Applicant should carry OBC/MOBC Certificate which has been issued from competent authority.
- Applicant must fulfill conditions laid down in the OM No.36012/22/93- Esst (SCT) dtd. 08.09.1993 and OM No.1/2008-UIA dtd. 13.10.2008 issued by Govt. of India.
The application should include the following documents:
- Permanent resident certificate or any other proof of residency.
- OBC/MOBC certificate issued by competent authority.
- Income certificate of parents from the Circle Officer if they are agriculturists/ Income certificate from controlling authority/ Treasury Officer if retired salaried persons
- Upto date land revenue paid receipt for 3(three) years.
- Service Charge :Rs.30/-
- Printing Charge : Rs 10/- (Not required for Senior Citizen)
- Scanning Charge : Rs 5/ per page (Not required for Senior Citizen)
Type of Service
Step by step procedures to apply
- After receiving the application along with all the required documents the Designated Public Servant will forward the application within 5 (five) working days to the concerned Circle Officer for his report.
- The Circle Officer will submit his report within 20 (twenty) working days from the date of receiving the application from the office of DC/SDO (Civil) after verifying the details through field verification.
- The designated Public Servant will issue/reject the Certificate based on the report of concerned Circle Officer within 5 (five) days from the date of receipt of the report .The whole process of issuing the Non-Creamy Layer Certificate will take a maximum of 30(thirty) working days.